What questions can you get in an IT interview related to web services? That is the topic of discussions recently.
To be an expert is this field is something many dream about. In fact, applying for a job related to REST web services, you will compete to no one, but real professionals in the field. Only such people are invited for an interview.
That’s why beside targeted REST web services interview questions, you might be confronted with other questions and tests, in order to uncover more about your personality, soft skills and working habits. All of this decide who gets the job at the end of the day.
Because, if anyone knows the answers to the tech questions, the soft skills, your attitudes and presence will play the major role on recruiter’s decision.
But now let’s go back to targeted interview questions you can get in your highly anticipated job interview. Please, use the presented list just as a guideline. As you know for sure, we speak here about broad field, and that’s why it makes no sense to list hundreds of possible questions or to get prepared for such a huge number.
On the other hand, if you are able to answer at least the questions presented below, you have a good chance of getting the job at the end of the day. So, here we come!
The list of the most common interview questions for web services
- Q1. Can you define web service?
- Q2.Has a RESTful web service an ability to generate output in different formats, based on a parameter given by the end user?.
- Q3. What is WSDL? (And after you answer, you will be given an example of it, and should be able to understand something about it)
- Q4. Could an internet browser be a client to RESTful web service, or not?
- Q5. Can you name the main distinctions between a RESTful web service and HTTP Servlet, if both of them are designed to perform the exactlysame function?
- Q6. Do you know, what web service protocol stack means?
- Q7. Can you name the main difference of HTTP POST and PUT requests, from the point of view of final user?
- Q8. Have you ever written any RESTful web service? If yes, can you describe what function it was designed to perform and how did you advance? ?
- Q9. Name as many output formats that can be generated using RESTful web service as you can.
- Q10. Have you ever heart of JAXB? Do you know how it is associated with RESTful web services?
- Q11. Precisely how will you cope with synchronization problems anytime more than one client attempts to use web service simultaneously?
- Q12. Could you name the main advantages and disadvantages connected with using the RESTLET framework when compared with CXF for programming RESTful web service?
- Q13. Are you able to generate HTML output through the RESTful web service? If you are able to, describe how.
- Q14. Could we use GET request as an alternative to PUT request to generate resources?
- Q15. Using a RESTful web service, whose state is actually getting transferred and how this happens from a point of view of programmer?
So, that’s it. We hope you were able to answer at least the majority of the web services interview questions. If it is so, your chances of getting the desired job in the interview should be quite good. Just do not forget to focus on your soft skills also. All the best!
Want to know more? Have a look at some other IT interview questions also.