IT is one of the most lucrative fields of employment. The same can be said about engineering. To enjoy your fraction of this juicy pie, however, you will have to answer both behavioral and technical questions in your interview. Hundreds of new job openings pop up on the job boards daily, and specialization is the keyword for technology of 21st century.
The interview questions will differ from job to job, but they will also depend on the people who lead the interview with you. Interview with a recruiting consultants will differ to the one with HR generalist, and if you talk to a senior technician or an IT specialists, you can expect to get another set of questions.
While we at InterviewPenguin.com do not consider ourselves experts in IT recruitment (we have some experience in the field, but we are not programmers), we asked some guest authors to help us put together at least some articles, for certain programming languages and technical jobs. You will find the selection below, and we hope it will help you to prepare for your interview. Job titles are arranged in alphabetical order.
- Agile methodology interview questions – Few software testing and project management methodologies enjoy such a popularity like agile has been enjoying in the recent years. Learn how to convince the recruiters that it belongs to your arsenal of technical knowledge.
- C interview questions – C is a general benchmark for programmers. See ten common technical questions and answers for the language. (guest post)
- Chemical Engineer interview questions – It is a common misconception to believe that you will face a lot of technical or scientific questions in your interview for a job of a Chemical Engineer. Learn what will really happen.
- Civil Engineer interview questions – 10 questions and a guide on how to answer each one of them.
- Cognos interview questions – Both theoretical and practical questions that will test your readiness to work with one of the best business intelligence solutions. (guest post)
- Controls Engineers interview questions – Mostly non-technical, but you will find also some technical questions in the article.
- Desktop support interview questions – Test yourself with 13 technical questions for desktop support job applicants.
- Digital Marketing Manager interview questions – Bordering marketing and IT, this interesting job demands creativity, hard work, and knowledge of the field. Can you demonstrate them while meeting the employer?
- Electrical Engineer interview questions – A nice collection of three types of questions they will ask you.
- Electrician interview questions – The demand for electricians is growing each year, and unless artificial intelligence replaces the position of skilled craftsmen, you will always find some vacancies to apply for. Learn how to prepare for this rather easy interview.
- Game Design interview questions – People love playing games. Actually they play too much. The trend is here to stay though, and it allows hundreds of game studios to thrive, and to earn millions of dollars each year. Learn how to also get a fraction of this juicy pie.
- Help desk interview questions – Half technical, and half customer service position, your ability to handle both aspect of the job will be tested in an interview. (guest post)
- HP Quality Center interview questions – The web-based test management software from HP has been very popular in recent years, and we will try to help you get a job in the field (guest post).
- Industrial Engineer interview questions – Surprisingly enough, technical questions won’t typically prevail in an interview for this job. So what should you expect?
- Information Security Analyst interview questions – An easy interview for someone with references and experience. But what if you have neither?
- Java interview questions – 15 technical questions and answers for Java developers. It is time to ace your interview! (guest post)
- Machinist interview questions – There is a huge demand for a skilled machinists and operators nowadays, and you won’t face tough competition in your interview. Learn what they will ask you and how to make the right impression.
- Maintenance Technician interview questions – Only as few people will compete with you for this job, or you will be the only applicant. If you learn the basic interviewing skills, and how to demonstrate your readiness to repair things in the building, you will get the job.
- Manufacturing Engineer interview questions – A core of the hiring process consists in talking about your resume and work you’ve already done, and in personal and behavioral questions.
- Mechanical Engineering interview questions – What is an advantage of hydraulic brake when compared to mechanical break and electric brake? What are the advantages of projectile motion, when compared to rocket motion? These are just two from many technical interview questions for this position. You will find the list in the article. (guest post)
- Performance testing interview question (guest post)
- PHP interview questions – Every decent coder knows PHP. Companies often hire third party IT recruitment agencies to help them with testing the practical skills of job applicants. Learn what questions you can expect, and how to make a good impression in this interview. (guest post)
- Process engineer interview questions – One of the most interesting jobs in the field of technology and engineering. You can expect a practical interview, and a combination of behavioral and technical questions.
- Product Analyst interview questions – not exactly a technical job, but you will need more than experience to ace this interview…
- Release Manager interview questions – We analyze some technical and some situational questions you will likely deal with on a big day.
- SEO interview questions – SEO has taken the internet marketing game by a storm, and though it is getting tougher with each passing year, many SEO agencies still operate in the business. Learn what questions they will ask you in an interview.
- Software engineer interview questions – Engineering new software is fun. But it is also a great responsibility, and one needs a variety of skills and the right attitude to the job. Prepare for the tough questions and case studies. (guest post)
- Software testing interview questions – Test, test, test, and what will they test in an interview with you? Check the twenty three common interview questions for software testing job applicants.
- System Analyst interview questions – Can you convince your interviewers of possessing a rare combination of communication skills, IT skills, and process management skills? Unless you can, someone else will get this prestigious job.
- Video Editor interview questions – Video is the future of advertising business, and much more than that. Learn how to join this field with a bright future.
- Web Developer interview questions – Every other fifteen year old kid in US, Russia, or India can develop websites. But just very few people can develop websites that actually convert well, and bring profits to their owners. Can you convince the interviewers that you believe to this group of developers?
- Web Services interview questions – Beside targeted REST interview questions, you will be confronted with other questions and tests. Interviewers try to learn something about your personality, soft skills and working habits. At the end of the day, the person with a best combination of skills will get the job. (guest post)
* If you did not find what you were looking for in this section, try checking the non-categorized jobs, or use the search function in the footer of the page.