These questions are designed to test certain abilities of a great marketer. Amongst them mostly:
- Creativity – Marketer has to be creative and have an ability to bring his own ideas to the table. Creativity is probably the most important ability of a great marketer.
- Communication skills – Marketing is all about communication nowadays – Are you able to communicate your message to the market? And are you able to listen to the others and absorb what you need from it for your work? This will be tested using the questions in marketing interview.
- Team work – True marketers never work alone. They know that the best ideas are always created in the team. That is why marketing interview questions, but also other parts of the marketing interview, will test your ability to teamwork.
Job interview for marketing position consists not only from questions. Typically, various individual an team case studies are part of the selection process. It is difficult to assess one’s abilities just upon the questions…
List of marketing interview questions for practice prior to the job interview
- What do you think makes a good marketer from you?
- Why do you think our company is successful on the market?
- What marketing activities would you suggest to do to our marketing department in order to improve our brand building?
- Have you ever heard about Guerrilla marketing?
- What marketing media are the most effective nowadays from your point of view?
- What is your position in the market at the moment? And what about the position of our company?
- Can you define marketing mix?
- If you should present yourself on a conference in a creative atypical way. What would you say about yourself?
- Do you have any hobby? Try to sell me your hobby so I will desire to try it also.
- Do you know what is direct and indirect marketing communication?
- Try to sell me your mobile phone.
- What do you think are the main differences of product and service marketing?
- Why is demography important in marketing?
- What is the target audience for our service?
- If you shall think about some marketing technique or strategy that you consider ineffective nowadays, what would it be?
- Do you know what is a SWOT analysis?
- What phase of marketing is the most important from your point of view?
- What is the difference between market research and market survey?
So these were some commonly used marketing interview questions. Apart from it you can for sure expect one or two individual case studies, where you should draw a logo, or create a new slogan, or something like that.
But honestly for such tasks you can hardly prepare in advance. Either you have the creativity and communication skills to solve the case study, or you do not have it. Right answers to common the questions are important, but will not win you the job… To improve your chances of succeeding, I suggest you to have a look at the following articles also: