PHP is one of the most popular scripting languages attract attention of countless employers. If you stand on the other side of the barricade, being a PHP job seeker, you should find our list of common PHP interview questions handy.
PHP is, speaking honestly, not one of the toughest languages. That’s why to make a grade and surpass other candidates, you will have to do in your interview more than just answer PHP interview questions. You will have to show the following:
- Love for your job, and for endless coding in PHP
- Good knowledge about the company and position you are applying for
- Good level of understanding of what your boss is telling you
- And last but not least demonstrate your problem solving skills on real PHP coding examples.
Once you do all of these, you can be the one the recruiters remember and offer a job to. But let’s have a look at the PHP interview questions now. Use them for your practice:
List of common PHP interview questions
- What was the original purpose of designing PHP and for what other purposes it is used now?
- Does PHP have support for Unicode? If not, why do you think it is so?
- Is PHP naturally compatible with 64-but Windows platform? If not, is it possible to use PHP on these operating systems using some kind of trick?
- What is the current version of PHP that is used and what are its advantages when compared to older version?
- Can you define LAMP architecture? When it is used?
- If you should asses the security level of PHP application and dynamic websites, what would you say about it?
- If you should pick three special PHP functions from your point of view, what would it be?
- “PHP source code is compiled “on the fly”. Can you explain this sentence the way that someone who has never worked with code will understand it?
- Do you know what is Phalanger and what is it function in PHP?
- Try to compare PHP and c++. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of them?
So, these were kind of theoretic PHP interview questions. Employers like to give them in order to understand your thoughts and ideas about the language and also your preferences when it comes to work. Now here are some more practical PHP interview questions:
Several practical PHP interview questions
- What is the command to create MySQL database using PHP and MySWQ?
- Define the difference between mysql_fetch_object and mysql_fetch_array.
- Is there any way to submit a form in php without using the submit button?
- Header(). For what is this function used in PHP language?
- Is there any way to configure PayPal checkout on a dynamic website? Try to describe the process step by step.
- Can you write a code of a very simple dynamic webpage? Try to write such code in 10 minutes.
- Can you name the advantages of object oriented programming?
- Name at least three types of errors in PHP.
- Is there any way to convert different timezones of final users in PHP?
- What is the command to increase the execution time in PHP?
- What is the difference between ereg_replace() and eregi_replace()?
- Is there any way to make a script that supports both English and Spanish in PHP?
- What is Revoke command use for in PHP? Can you write a syntax of this command?
We hope that you had a good practice with both our theoretical and practical PHP interview questions. If you are able to answer at least fifteen of them, you have a good chance to nail the interview. Just do not forget to present the right abilities there and be enthusiastic about the job.