It seems that governments finally start to understand the key importance of teachers in our economy. Seeing the teachers’ salaries increasing significantly in many countries all around the world is a positive sign for all of you with love for teaching and being with young people.
To get a teaching job, you will have to handle several interview questions for teachers. But do not be afraid, it will not be so difficult like in many other occupations. Your interview will likely be conducted either by school principal or head of one of the school departments. These people are neither HR professionals, nor former recruiters (speaking in general). That’s why interview questions for teachers are not that special and complicated.
However, everything has its bright side and dark side. Personal preferences and relations play a strong role in the teaching interview.
If the principal do not like your appearance, way of thinking or anything else, he may easily reject your application without any serious reason. That’s why it is so crucial to not prepare only for interview questions for teachers, but also for the interviewer. be very polite and friendly (on a professional level of course). Show some respect to his position and if you find a common hobby of you two, do not forget to mention it in the interview.
Let’s have a look now at particular questions you are going to face on your way towards the desired teaching job:
Common interview questions for teachers
- What caught your eye on our job offer?
- What do you know about our institution?
- What was your primary motivation to choose a career of a teacher?
- What do you think are the main qualities of a great teacher nowadays?
- How would you propose to solve problems in the class streaming from social and ethnic differences between the students?
- How would you try to motivate the students that are not studying at all?
- How would you ensure the students in your class respect you as their teacher?
- Is there any special method you use in your teaching?
- Do you believe that there should be individual approach to every student in the class, or that all the people should be taught the same way?
- What do you like the most about your profession of a teacher?
- What activities do you like to do in your free time?
- If you shall characterize current generation of children. What would you say about them?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Remember on a situation where you had a serious problem to teach someone something. How did you solve the situation?
- Would you mind working overtime?
These were some common interview questions for teachers. For more extensive list, please visit http://teacher-interviewquestions.com/. Practice the answers for them, and always remember to present your passion for teaching. At the same time to do not forget to show the respect and interest for your interviewer and institution where you are interviewed.
This should do the trick for you while answering interview questions for teachers. We wish you all the best!