Principal interview questions
To be a school principal is a dream job of many. However, it is not an easy task believe me. Maybe even harder than to be a principal is to choose a right school principal.
To compose a list of interview questions for this position is not that easy. Especially in schools, where often no-one has real experience with HR or recruiting, to choose the right principal interview questions is a tricky task indeed. Best process is to make a list of duties of a principal.
Based on these duties you should be able to identify character abilities, skills and experience of an ideal principal. And based on such a profile of ideal school principal, it should be not a problem for you to make a list of questions. To help you, and it doesn’t matter if you are a job seeker or a school representative, we put together a simple list for you:
Principal interview questions template by InterviewPenguin.com
- What do you know about our school? What are the main areas for improvement here from your point of view?
- What do you think should be the main goals of a school principal?
- If you should characterize an ideal school principal using just three words, what words would you choose?
- Why have you decided for the job of a principal? What motivates you the most to do this job?
- Do you think that the principal should also take part in daily teaching? If yes, why? If no, why not?
- How do you imagine your day in work will look like if we choose you as our principal?
- From your point of view, what should be the relationship of a principal with students?
- What are your plans in long term horizon, let’s say 10 years?
- Do you have any experience with leading other people?
- Would you be able to choose teachers for this school? If yes, what will be the selection process you will use?
- From your point of view, what should be the role of technology in the process of education?
- How would you attract more students to choose our school?
- Do you have any role model in life?
- If we decide to move forward with your job application, when will you be able to start the job?
- What computer programs can you work with?
- Speaking about public relations, what activities do you think should a school do?
That was the list of suggested questions for a principal job interview. Use it for any purposes in recruitment, just please do not copy the content to other websites. We hope that pour list of questions will help you in your preparation for the job interview.