If you like to manage the others and are looking for a job in this field, you will have to deal with several tough questions for managerial positions in an interview. The problem is that there are always hundreds of applicants for practically every managerial position. Simply said, the competition level is high, but recruiters have to decide anyway. They use a list of various management interview questions to help them to take the right decision.
Manager has to be a complete personality. Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to take decisions and to motivate the others seem to be not enough nowadays.
Managers of 21st century know how to lead the people in their department towards the goal of an organization. They have an excellent problem solving ability. Charisma is also a commonly heard expression when someone speaks about a great manager of new age.
We decided to put together a list of questions you can be confronted with in an interview. Practice with the list, try to demonstrate all the above mentioned abilities and skills of a great manager. It is a good way how to improve your chances of getting the job at the end of the day.
List of management interview questions
- Can you describe your management style?
- What do you think are the qualities of a great management professional?
- How would you recognize a leader in the team?
- What techniques do you use to motivate the employees?
- How did you solve the conflicts you had with your sub-ordinates in the past? Please speak about specific situations.
- Try to remember on conflicts you had with your boss in the past. Did you find the solution for the situation?
- If you shall describe the toughest management task you faced in your entire life, what would it be?
- Can you tell me your biggest strength as a manager and your biggest weakness?
- Can you asses my own strengths and weaknesses, just from the talk we have here together?
- If you should describe an ideal subordinate, what qualities should such a subordinate posses?
These questions will test your brain cells quite heavily, as you can see. You will have to recollect the situations from your past, but also create your own scenarios for the future. The ability to asses your own strengths and weaknesses is heavily tested too during interviews for managers. One should be able to asses his own skills, if he should asses the skills of the others.
What more, you can expect to get several typical questions, such as why should we hire you, what are your goals, why do you want for our company and not for other job, why management, and other. You can have a look at interview questions in detail, where you should be able to find answer to each of these questions.
You can have a look also at Tough interview questions and answers for managers, to strengthen your knowledge of what can happen in an interview for managerial position.