Show me one person who doesn’t like a big sweet doughnut for breakfast. Be it filled with jam, cocoa butter, vanilla pudding, or simply powdered with sugar, donuts are the crowd favorite all around the world. And especially in the US. The days are often hard and long, so why wouldn’t you reward yourself with something sweet once in a while? However, eating a donut and selling one, or making one, are two different things altogether :).
If you want to experience the “donut world” from the other side of the counter, Dunkin Donuts is the place to do so. Getting a job there isn’t the hardest task in the world. However, you will have to deal with some questions, and one of them repeats in all interviews with the company, and on all application forms–Why do you want to work at Dunkin’?
You can refer to a variety of things in your answer. It can be your preference for their brand (you like their marketing strategy, taste of the donuts, the vibe of the restaurant, the level of customer service, etc). When asking “Why Dunkin’?”, they mostly have on their mind “Why not McDonald’s, BK, or any other player in the fast food field”. That’s why you should point out something that sets them apart from their competitors. Another options include referring to a recommendation from a friend, fitting location (close to your apartment, school, good traffic connection, etc), and brutal honesty, which means saying that you do not care that much about the place of work–you simply need a job. Let’s have a look at 7 sample answers to the question now. I hope at least one will work well for you.
7 sample answers to “Why do you want to work at Dunkin’ Donuts?” interview question
- I have always enjoyed eating at Dunkin’. The vibe of the place, the attention of the employees, the taste of the donuts. It simply clicks with my personality, and it does so better than KFC or Subway or other places where I go at times. That’s the main reason why when looking for a job I decided to go with Dunkin, and hope to help your team deliver a great service to everyone who stops for a donut and coffee here.
- The main reason is a recommendation I got from two friends who work at different locations of Dunkin’ Donuts. I have friends from school working part time at many different places, basically including all biggest supermarkets, fast food chains, and so on. So I consulted everyone about the working conditions, atmosphere in the workplace, and so on. Based on my research I came to a conclusion that Dunkin’ is the right place for me to work, and decided to apply. Of course, I know the job won’t be easy–but that would not be the case in any place. You always want to work hard to earn the dollar… But I feel that things here will be better than in other places, and hope to get a chance to prove my motivation in the job.
- The location decided it for me. Since I still study, I was looking for a place on the way to school, so I can drop by before or after school, and do my 4-5 hours here. You are right on my way, and it would be very easy for me to commute here. That’s why I decided to apply with you, instead of some other place with similar working conditions.
- In all honesty, I do not have any particular preference. I am simply looking for my first job, and know that without any previous experience I cannot aim high. But everyone has to start somewhere. And I will be happy to start anywhere they give me a chance–be it here at Dunkin’, or anywhere else. Because I am a hard worker and a quick learner, and see no reason why I would not be able to deliver an excellent service here.
- I want to work at Dunkin’ Donuts for a couple of reasons. First of all, I like the brand, enjoy spending my time here, and I am a donut lover. Second thing is that I am a vegetarian, and cannot really work in any place where they serve meat to customers. It simply goes against my values, and it is something I would not stand. Here at Dunkin’ you do not serve anything with meat, and hence I would feel very comfortable working here.
- I do not know how to explain it, and perhaps it is just my impression, but I always felt that people working here really enjoy their job. It can be because of the camaraderie, a positive attitude of the managers, it can be due to something else. But I want to experience the same feelings while working somewhere, and hence I decided to give this a try. What’s more, I am a pretty positive person in general, and hope I can contribute to the good atmosphere in the workplace with my bit…
- First of all, I like the job description and believe to meet all requirements. And secondly, the working hours are a perfect fit for my existing schedule. You see, I have another job in the afternoons, and I cannot work during the weekends. Hence I was looking for some opportunity for the mornings only, ideally in this part of the city, since I do not have a car. The offer with Dunkin’ suits this perfectly, and I decided to apply.
Final thoughts & answers to more questions you may face at Dunkin’ Donuts
Getting a basic job with Dunkin is relatively easy. As long as you show motivation to learn and work hard, and convince them that they are your first choice–or at least one of your best choices for work, they will typically give you a chance to prove your words in the job. Juts make sure to show some enthusiasm for what’s ahead. Sure, nobody dreams of working for Dunkin Donuts (or a similar place) for their entire life. But in certain periods of your life and your professional career, it can be the right choice for you. And that’s what you should try to convince them about… Ready to do so now? Great! Do not forget to check also other Dunkin’ Donuts interview questions. I wish you best of luck in your interviews!
May also interest you:
- Jamba Juice interview questions.
- How to overcome interview nerves?
- Hilton Hotels interview questions.