Last updated on June 28th, 2018 at 12:53 pm
Quality management is essential for most companies involved in production process, and the software solution from HP belongs to the popular programs that help the companies with managing the processes.
If you apply for a quality manager job, a quality engineer, or even for a system analyst position, you may have to deal with a few questions that target the HP Quality Center software. We will have a look at them in this article.
Questions and answers
What is HP Quality Center and why do companies use it?
HP Quality Center (QC) is a set of web-based test management software from HP. It supports high level of communication and interaction among various stakeholders (especially developers, testers, project managers, final users) in order to achieve more efficient global testing process.
Can you name at least five products of HP Quality Center and describe the components in one sentence?
- HP Change Impact Testing Module for SAP Apps – it is designed to offer recommendations on SAP testing priorities. It is able to evaluate business risk, analyze the technical impact, tune the strategy and create execution plan for SAP apps.
- HP Functional Testing software – It is designed for manual and automated testing for GUI based services and applications.
- HP QuickTest – Provides functional and regression testing automation for application environments.
- HP Service Test software – provides simplified and fully automated testing of service oriented architecture services.
- HP Test Data Management software – Automated the process of data collection from online applications and combines masking data extraction with automated data extraction.
It is a module where a Test Case is imported. It is created in Test Plan and then executed in test Lab.
How can one maintain test data in Quality Center?
You have to create a separate folder in test plan where you can store the data.
Is there a possibility to export files to excel sheet?
Yes it is, using a simple button or command practically all the data can be exported to excel sheet.
Can we save the results of test executed in Test Lab?
We do not have to do it, all the tests are saved automatically.
How will you generate a report of a defect in QC?
It is generated automatically after you click on the submit button.
Other questions for your interview
Whether you apply for a software tester, project manager, or quality assurance engineer job, you should remember that the success in an interview does not depend only on your answers to the technical questions.
Interviewers will ask you also some behavioral questions, and you will have to demonstrate the right attitude to work, as well as your readiness for the job. The person who handles both technical and behavioral questions, and makes a good impression on the hiring committee, will get the job at the end of the interviews.
Other pages that may interest you:
- Body language in an interview – What do your gestures and movements say about you? Can we control our non-verbal communication?
- Work portfolio for an interview – Learn how to prepare a selection of your best works, and how to use it to show the interviewers the value you can bring to their team.
- Quality Assurance Interview Questions – Screening, behavioral, and technical questions–all of them wait for you in a typical interview for a quality assurance position. Ready to learn how to answer them?