Last updated on August 3rd, 2018 at 08:00 am
While it is important to think about this issue, and you can’t prepare for any question without thinking about a good answer upfront, there is something else you should do to prepare for the meeting with the employers.
HOW you answer the question matter.
Once you understand the emotions and attitudes you should present in a job interview, you will know how to answer the questions, and the right words may often come to your mouth without a need to think about them for a long time.
In this short post we will look at the attitudes and emotions that will help you to win your interviewers over. Let’s start!
Making a great impression on the hiring managers
1. Answer their questions with enthusiasm in your voice.
Interviewers should feel your enthusiasm, they should feel that you have been waiting for the interview with them, that you have eagerly anticipated the big day, and this moment of your life.
Today is a big day, and you are happy to interview for a job with them. That is the feeling they should get while interviewing you for a job, and enthusiasm in your voice will help you to evoke such feelings on their side.
Some people try to impress the interviewers with long compounds and various technical expressions, words the interviewers may not even understand (or at least they need to strain their mental capacities to understand them).
This is definitely not a way to go, unless you want to jeopardize your chances to succeed. If the hiring managers do not understand you, they will lose their focus, they will not feel good with you in an interview, and they will send you home. Without a new job contract.
Speak in a simple way. Use short sentences. Talk to the point. Keep their attention. Show them that you have nothing to hide, and that your future colleagues will understand you–even if you apply for a technical position.
3. Think about the company, not only about you.
Try to think about each question in the following way: How can I answer it to show them the value I can bring to their team? How can I answer the question to relate to their goals, dreams, and visions, in my words?
Talk also about them, not only about you. If you manage to master this interview technique (which is an advanced one and not everyone will succeed in mastering it), you will find it quite easy to ace an interview.
4. Answer the questions honestly.
The truth has one advantage–you do not have to remember what you have said before. Although the temptation to lie is strong in the interviews, try your best to avoid talking lies.
Recruiters love honest job candidates. What is more, an experienced and skilled interviewer can easily spot a lie.
The way you move your eyes, the length of time it takes you to start answering the question, the way you react to additional questions they give–all of that helps them to see whether you are telling the truth, or are just making something up. Once they think you are lying, your chances to succeed are gone…
It is how that matters
Mastering the interviews starts with mastering your own mind. Get ready to succeed, show enthusiasm, and have their success and goals on your mind, always.
If you manage to do that, and come up with at least some decent interview answers, they will hire you for the job.
Continue your preparation with InterveiwPenguin.com – Your best job interview coach since 2011
- Interview success package – Once you know how to say it in an interview, it is good to know what you should say. Brilliant answers to thirty common interview questions (including the difficult behavioral and personal questions) will make life much easier for you on a big day. Get rid of stress and learn how to answer each difficult question.
- How to dress for your interview – Four rules to consider when choosing clothes to wear to your job interview.
- Follow-up letter after the interview – Advice on how to write a good letter (or email), with sample letters attached. Understand the most important sections on your letter, and make a final push towards a coveted job contract.