Last updated on January 24th, 2018 at 06:43 pm
You can go the traditional way–applying online, getting an invitation for an interview, preparing for the interview, and eventually succeeding.
But you can try also some alternative approaches. You can utilize your network of connections, or you can walk directly to the store or to the company, trying to get the job at the spot.
Certain jobs and careers have their own rules, however. Monitoring the queries job seekers enter to Google search, we prepared a few articles that talk about getting a job:
- Get a government job – A sweet warm place in one of the government offices is a dream occupation for many people. Learn how you can turn this dream to reality.
- Get a job at Gamestop – Gamestop receives more than a hundred job applications for every position they advertise. Learn how to stand out, and get a job with them.
- Get a job at Google – Just very few people will succeed and sign a job contract with Google. We look at some alternative ways of getting hired at Google.
- Get a job at STARBUCKS – STARBUCKS receives more than 1,000,000 online job applications annually, but they hire less than 100,000 new people. Learn how to maximize your chances of signing a job contract with STARBUCKS.
- Get a job on a cruise ship – A wonderful but tough job that allows you to sail the seas and get to know new places (in rare moments when you do not have to wipe the floor or clean the cabins). A step by step guide on how to get hired for this job.
- Get a job with no experience – If you have no previous working experience, you can still land a decent job. You just have to know how to turn your disadvantage (lack of experience) to an advantage in an interview.
- Job coaching – A short article about the initiative that tries to help the people with intellectual disabilities to get real jobs.