I will keep this page short and to the point. Here’s what I have for you today:
In the eBook, you will find multiple great answers to each of the following questions:
- Why do you want to become an elementary teacher?
- Can you name the main problems teachers face nowadays?
- How would you approach the students of the first class, on their first day at school? What would you say?
- What teaching methods do you prefer and why?
- Do you think that all the students should be treated equally, or that there should be an individual approach to every student, in accordance with their abilities and potential?
- Imagine that father of one of your students complained about something which was untrue. How would you react?
- What is your opinion about information technology at elementary school?
- How would you handle conflicts between students?
- What do you consider to be the toughest aspect of this job?
- What games would you play with your students?
- What are your expectations for your students?
- How do you plan to include parents in their child’s classroom?
- How do you feel about having children with special needs in your classroom?
- How do you go about teaching something that is not your strength?
- How do you determine each individual child’s potential?
- … and ten other tough questions you may face in your interview for a job of an Elementary Teacher.
Check the sample to see how this book can help you:
Sample from the eBook
Q 5. Can you name the main problems teachers face nowadays?
Hint: We live in challenging times. Youngsters are not interested in their studies, especially in traditional subjects. On the top of that, the boom of social media and smart phones brought new challenges and many distractions to the classroom.
The number of children in a class is increasing, parents have little understanding for the teachers’ opinion, and many children are obese. It’s not an easy time for humanity, let alone for school teachers.
You should name at least couple of challenges, and outline your personal strategy to tackle them. This is one of the differences between good and exceptional job candidates. Good candidate see only the problems, while the exceptional have some solutions on their mind, or at least an idea of how to address the challenges.
– Worsening level of communication skills and new forms of addiction, such as social media addiction or smart phone addiction are the new challenges we face. I believe that we need to motivate the children to talk more in lessons. We should use lot of exercises that develop creativity, teamwork and communication, and we need strict rules regarding smart phones.
– It is difficult to teach when you have thirty pupils in class. Too many children are obese, and some of them have little respect for their teachers, or even their parents. These are the main problems we face nowadays, together with smart phone addiction.
I believe that creating a good relationship with children and mixing various teaching methods is a way to gain back their attention, and foster atmosphere of respect and trust. And we need to motivate them to exercise directly in school, because a healthy body is the first condition of a healthy progress of a child, in all spheres of their life. However, this is my first job application, so my conclusions are yet to be tested in a real classroom environment…
Q 17. What are your expectations for the students?
Hint: Another tricky question. At one side, you should have some expectations for your students, since it would be difficult to build discipline in a classroom without having expectations, and you’d also struggle to set goals for yourself as a teacher.
On the other hand, the greatest teachers are focused on their own job, trying to do their best, do the most for the children, and they do not expect much from their students.
– To be honest, I do not have any special expectations for my students. It’s an elementary school, so it’s natural that the discipline won’t be excellent. I just expect them to respect each other, and give me a chance as a teacher. I will do my best in every lesson and I am sure that I will convince them that it is worth to pay attention to my words, and to actively participate in the lessons.
– I expect only basic things. Not making too much noise, respect other pupils, come to class prepared. I know that if pupils stick to the rules depends on many things, such as their parents, their predispositions to study, things that happen at their homes, and the quality of my teaching. The only thing I can influence is the quality of my teaching, and I plan to focus mostly on that…
End of the sample
These are just two questions. You will find 25 in the eBook, including personal, behavioral, and technical questions. But that’s not all.
To ensure you will get the job, I included many other useful sections in the book, such as:
- Guide on how to improve your resume, prior to the interview.
- Two winning interview strategies that will help you to stand out and succeed.
- Guide on how to flourish in a personality test (common mostly in agency recruitment, but you can get it in any interview)
- Interview follow up advice.
- … and much more
So that’s it. I do not want to waste your time with lengthy sales pages, and imaginary discounts, just like other people do on their websites, while selling various digital products.
You have read the sample, you know what the eBook is about, and surely you can tell whether it will help you or not.
I sincerely believe it will help you in your interview. It will help you a lot. And you can read it easily in two or three hours, it’s 13,000 words. Only things that truly matter, no secondary content.
Plus, of course, like with everything else we sell here on InterviewPenguin.com, you have a risk free sixty days money back guarantee. If you don’t like this eBook for any reason, or no reason at all, just let me know (email me at glen[at]interviewpenguin[dot]com) within 60 days and we will give you a full refund.
- Brilliant answers to twenty-five difficult questions you may get in your interview for a job of an elementary teacher.
- Published in 2014, updated for 2021 with new questions.
- Several sample answers to each question, so you can choose the one that reflects your values and experience.
- Other useful tips that will help you to get rid of stress, and simply do everything right on a big day.
- Instant download, .PDF format (you can read it on any device (mobile, kindle, PC), and you can easily print it).
- Secure and simple checkout with PayPal, you can pay with your credit/debit card, or with your PayPal account.
- Price: $19.77, one time payment, no hidden fees or upsell. 60 days risk free money back guarantee.
- Click the checkout button below to proceed to the payment.
(After the payment you will be directed back to our website, to a protected page, to download your eBook. You will also receive a download link and instructions to your email, just to ensure that you will get the book without waiting, even if the redirect fails.)
(If you can not see an option to pay with your credit/debit card once you click the checkout button, click on “Create an account with PayPal”. You will then see an option to pay with your card (as a PayPal guest), without a need to register an account with PayPal.)
That’s it. Your interview does not have to be stressful, or difficult. You can interview with confidence, and give brilliant answers to all tough questions. Download the guide today, and succeed in your interview for a job of an elementary teacher.
Your personal job interview coach
P.S. Feel free to send me a message if you are still not sure how this guide will help you to get a job. I try my best to answer all messages within twelve hours (glen[at]interviewpenguin[dot]com).