Keep in mind though, that for any of these jobs, technical questions form just a small part of the interview process. You will have to deal also with personal and behavioral questions, and often with an IQ or personality test (a standard procedure in big corporations).
In this article, however, we will focus on the technical questions related to SQL server.
- Can you name the main difference between Drop statement, Delete statement and Truncate statement?
- What is the difference between primary key and unique key in SQL Server, and when do we use each one?
- Can you explain DML, DDL, DCL and TCL statements? Give examples to each of them.
- What is the main purpose of query optimizer in SQL Server?
- What is the significance of an Index on the column used in the GROUP BY clause?
- Speaking about unique column in table, what is the role of an Index?
- Can you create foreign key constraints on temporary tables?
- What is a View in SQL Server?
- What is the difference between Index scan and seek?
- There are 3 different types of joins available in SQL server. Can you name them?
When the time runs out, they will ask you tell them what you did, how you progressed with your solution. The results of your work, and the way you talk about it, is a great indicator of your technical and communication skills.
Needless to say, you can hardly prepare for this test in advance. Either you know your job, or you don’t. But you can definitely prepare for the interview questions, and you should focus on them in your interview preparation.
Continue preparing with Interview Penguin:
- IT interview questions for different jobs and programming languages
- Behavioral interview questions
- Job interview tips