In some countries of the world, not only job seekers have to take part in an interview. When speaking about prestigious colleges or some study programs that simply are searched by a huge number of applicants, phenomenon of college interview has evolved. These interviews are not comparable to typical job interviews. Applicants for the study program have just a very little time to demonstrate their abilities and persuade the committee to give them a place. Also, generally the template with questions is used.
That’s why sometimes it is hard to make any difference there. Students simply have fifteen minutes, set of questions, and that’s it. Because of that, things like first impression, appropriate handshake, enthusiasm and some kind of charisma are even more important in college interviews when we compare it to typical job interview.
In most of the college interviews, the questions are related not to the future job you might try to get as a graduate of the college, but to other things, including:
- The study program you are just applying for
- Your motivation, determination, personal philosophy related to the filed of study
- Benefits the college can gain from having you in their study program
- Few key soft skills needed for particular field of study
Usually, if you are able to present yourself as a mature individual, who knows why he is applying for a particular course or study program, you should be okay. Just do not forget that they have to see some added value you have in comparison with other applicants. Simply they should see a reason why it makes sense for them to give you a place in the program.
In Interview Penguin, we are constantly working on development of various specific college interview tips and questions. Of course, Harvard business school interview questions are different to nursing school interview questions, simply said. At the meantime, we prepared for you the following articles (the new stuff is constantly being added):
- College interview questions and answers – most common interview questions you can get applying for study at any college in developed world.
- College interview tips – College interview is very specific. Learn how to make a right impression there.
- Medical school interview questions – Specific set of questions that tend to be a part of many medical interviews.
- Pharmacy school interview questions – Thought provoking article about how to get to a pharmacy school.
- Nursing school interview questions – If you are dreaming about a nice job of a nurse, you should for sure have a look at it.
- Internship interview questions – Take an internship in an international company is a great start of any career. Learn what questions you will be confronted with in the internship interview.
- Residency interview questions – How to secure a place in residency program at a quality hospital or clinic? Learn what questions you will face in the residency interview.
- Scholarship interview questions – Learn how to get a scholarship easily.
- Interview tips for teenagers – Doesn’t matter if you are applying for a study program or a part time job, as a teenager your application should be unique and reflecting the advantages of your age for the employer. These tips should help you to win over the older job applicants.
- Graduate school interview questions – List of questions for those who decide to change the education facility after their bachelor degree.
- MBA Interview Questions – MBA degree is considered to be the best one. Once you get to an MBA program and accomplish it, you do not need to worry about your future career anymore. Learn how to get to the program and gain an MBA degree.
New articles coming soon…
That’s it for now. We hope the presented lists will help you to succeed in your studies and career. If you would like to check also some work related interview questions, sections of interview questions and answers or interview questions for various jobs are for sure worth to read.