In this scenario, you will likely have to answer some technical questions in your interview.
Keep in mind though, that the interviewers care for more than just your technical skills, and your knowledge of PHP.
Would you fit into their team of developers? Do you have the right attitude to work? How would you handle the pressure in the job? What motivates you to work hard? They will ask you screening and behavioral questions to find the answers.
In this article, however, we focus on technical questions that relate to PHP. Check the list below and try to answer the questions.
List of common PHP interview questions
- Does PHP have support for Unicode? If not, why can it support Unicode?
- Is PHP naturally compatible with 64-bit Windows platform? If not, is it possible to use PHP on these operating systems, and what is the trick to do that?
- What is the current version of PHP, and how does it differ to older versions?
- Can you define LAMP architecture?
- If you should asses the security level of PHP application and dynamic websites, how many points on a scale from 0 to 10 would you give?
- If you should pick three most important PHP functions, what would you pick?
- PHP source code is compiled “on the fly”. Can you explain this sentence in a way that someone who has never worked with the code before will understand what you are saying?
- Do you know what is Phalanger and what is it function in PHP?
- Try to compare PHP and c++. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each language?
- What is the command to create MySQL database using PHP and MySWL?
- Define the difference between mysql_fetch_object and mysql_fetch_array.
- Is there any way to submit a form in php without using the submit button?
- Header(). For what is this function used in PHP language?
- Is there any way to configure PayPal checkout on a dynamic website? Try to describe the process step by step.
- Can you write a code of a very simple dynamic web page? Try to write the code in 10 minutes.
- Can you name the advantages of object oriented programming?
- Name at least three types of errors in PHP.
- Is there any way to convert different time zones of final users in PHP?
- What is the command to increase the execution time in PHP?
- What is the difference between ereg_replace() and eregi_replace()?
- Is there any way to make a script that supports both English and Spanish in PHP?
- What is Revoke command use for in PHP? Can you write a syntax of this command?
However, keep in mind that success or failure in an interview depends on many other factors, such as the impression you make on the interviewers, your answers to non-technical questions, and also the quality of other people who compete with you for the job. The better you prepare for your interview, the more likely will outclass your competitors, and sign a new job contract.
Continue your interview preparation with one of the following articles