Every one of us needs to become an interviewer time to time. When we are choosing the nanny for our child or the private teacher, or perhaps the pediatrician, it is important to select the right person. In this article, we will look at the situation when you need to choose a new pediatrician for your child.
Child doctors understand that parents care a lot about their children. They will be more than happy to answer pediatrician interview questions and ensure you about your correct decision. In order to help you to do well in this meeting, we prepared for you a list of good pediatrician interview questions you should use to test out the potential candidates for your child.
However, before you start interviewing pediatrician, we advice you to talk to couple of your friends that have small children. These people can refer you a good pediatrician there are satisfied with. In the world of employment, more than 40% of new hires are done on a referral basis. Why not to apply the same principle when choosing a new pediatrician for your children? Anyway, if you decide to choose a pediatrician on your own, feel free to print and use the following list of questions.
List of pediatrician interview questions
- How many patients in the age of 0 – 3 years do you currently have?
- Do you consider yourself busy?
- How many people are typically sitting in your waiting room?
- How long has you been in practice?
- Where did you study and where did you take your medical residency?
- What are the office hours? Is there any possibility to take care of our child outside of these hours? If yes, what are the conditions?
- How long in advance do I need to book a visit?
- How does the office deal with after-hours emergencies?
- What are the options to book a visit at your practice?
- Do you visit your patients at home if the situation demands so? If yes, what is the procedure? How many of these visits did you pay during the last 12 months?
- Do you go for a longer holiday during the year? If yes, who cares for your patients during this time?
- Is there a 24-hour answering service that can connect you to a doctor?
- Do you accept our insurance company?
These are the most important pediatrician interview questions. You should prepare pen and paper while questioning your pediatrician, not only to make notes but also to make the whole situation to look more professional. We recommend you to focus on the following:
- Is the pediatrician calm and cheerful while answering your questions?
- Is the pediatrician honest to you? If all the answers seem to be too perfect, something will be wrong.
- Is the office of the pediatrician tidy? Is the nurse nice and smiley?
It is important to choose your pediatrician correctly. If you make a right decision, the doctor can accompany the healthy growth of your child for years. We hope that our pediatrician interview questions will help you to make a right decision.
PS: Check also nanny interview questions to choose the right nanny for your child, or inspire yourself with other articles on our website.