The questions they will ask will relate to your attitude to nursing, motivation, your personality, your hobbies. They will try to understand who you are, and why you decided to become a nurse.
Try to show compassion, enthusiasm for the work, understanding of the job. But you should also show them that you understand it is not an easy subject to study, and are ready to study hard. Let’s have a look at some questions now.
Questions they may ask you
- Why did you choose the career of a nurse?
- What motivates you to do this job?
- Why did you choose our college?
- What are your core values?
- Nursing job can be repetitive. What will motivate you to do it well every day?
- Imagine a desperate patient who think that they will die soon. You are on a night shift and they are crying. What will you do to help them?
- What do you consider the most challenging aspect of nursing?
- If you shall name three key abilities of a great nurse, what would it be?
- We have quite a lot applicants here for this nursing program. Why do you think we should choose you, and not some other applicants?
- Do you have any role model in life?
- Do you have any personal experiences with nurses from the past? Can you tell us something about this experience?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years time?
Try to think about the questions, and find answers that will help you to demonstrate that you have the right personality for the job, and that you know why you apply to study at their school. If you want, you can check our job interview tips, to understand how to connect with your interviewers and how to win them over.