Talent Plus, a reputable consultancy that helps numerous Fortune 500 companies to hire new talents, typically interviews applicants over the phone. They use a special interview template and their interviews take from 15 to 30 minutes–depending on the client, and the position you apply for. They ask one question after another, in a quick succession–leaving you no time to think about the right answer.
They know what they are doing. Having little time to think, your reactions are spontaneous. There is absolutely no time for feedback, or for your own questions, so the entire experience can be stressful and mentally demanding. Recruiters from Talent Plus assess your ability to focus, to maintain high level of concentration, and to talk to the point. It seems like a common phone interview, but it is much more sophisticated, and you won’t get any yes-no questions.
You will have to think quickly, speak a lot about yourself, and reveal some personal information. To get a complete picture of you, your skills and predispositions for a job, they may ask you as many as fifty questions–during a single, 30 minutes long interview session. Psychometric is also included in their interview, although most job seekers won’t realize it. Anyway, we put together a list of most common Talent Plus interview questions, and we suggest you to practice with the list, and prepare some answers to the questions upfront. Doing it will help you to get rid of stress, and to be more confident in your phone interview.
Commonly Used Talent Plus Interview Questions
- Do you consider yourself a hardworking person?
- Do you like to work over time?
- Are you a honest person?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate your ability to teamwork?
- Do you like to sell things?
- What was the last thing you have sold?
- Do you prefer to work alone in the office or do you prefer to work in an open office environment?
- Do you like to work under pressure?
- Do you have a tendency to feel stress in work?
- When was the last time when you felt stressed in the job?
- Do you think that you are an organized person?
- When was the last time you came late for work?
- Why did you come late?
- What is your opinion about current economic climate?
- What are your predictions when it comes to the future of our economy?
- Do you like to talk to people?
- Is there any group of people you prefer to talk to?
- Do you struggle to communicate with any group of people?
- Do you like to socialize?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- Do you consider yourself as an assertive person?
- Do you like to talk to strangers?
- Do you feel good right now?
- How would you handle the communication with a drunk customer?
- How would you calm down an aggressive customer?
- What would you do if the sales were down?
- Do you consider yourself a creative person?
As you can see, they repeat some questions, using a different wording each time. They do it to assess your trustworthiness and credibility of your answers. We suggest you to focus, and to answer the questions calmly, and honestly. Do not let the anxiety to get the better of you. Preparing upfront should help.
Guys from Talent Plus work according to the template. The worst thing you could do would be to try and change their template, interrupting them, or even asking them for feedback on your interview answers….
Feeling ready now? If not, we may be able to help…. We prepared for you brilliant answers to thirty most common interview questions (screening and behavioral). You will find them in our interview success package.
The Team at InterviewPenguin.com wishes you good luck in your interview!