Hundreds of new job openings pop up on the job boards daily, and specialization is the key for the IT of 21st century.
The interview questions will differ from job to job, but they will also depend on the people who lead the interview with you. Interview with a recruiting consultants will differ to the one with HR generalist, and if you talk to a senior technician or an IT specialists, you can expect to get another set of questions.
While we at InterviewPenguin.com do not consider ourselves experts in IT recruitment (we have some experience in the field, but we are not programmers), we asked some guest authors to help us put together at least some articles, for certain programming languages and technical jobs. You will find the selection below, and we hope it will help you to prepare for your interview.
- Agile methodology interview questions – Few software testing and project management methodologies enjoy such a popularity like agile has been enjoying in the recent years. Learn how to convince the recruiters that it belongs to your arsenal of technical knowledge.
- C interview questions – C is a general benchmark for programmers. See ten common technical questions and answers for the language. (guest post)
- Help desk interview – Half technical, and half customer service position, your ability to handle both aspect of the job will be tested in an interview. (guest post)
- Cognos interview questions – Both theoretical and practical questions that will test your readiness to work with one of the best business intelligence solutions. (guest post)
- Data structure interview (guest post)
- HP Quality Center interview questions – The web-based test management software from HP has been very popular in recent years, and we will try to help you get a job in the field (guest post).
- Java interview questions – 15 technical questions and answers for Java developers. It is time to ace your interview! (guest post)
- Process engineer interview questions – One of the most interesting jobs in the field of technology and engineering. You can expect a practical interview, and a combination of behavioral and technical questions.
- Mechanical Engineering – What is an advantage of hydraulic brake when compared to mechanical break and electric brake? What are the advantages of projectile motion, when compared to rocket motion? These are just two from many technical interview questions for this position. You will find the list in the article. (guest post)
- Performance testing interview question (guest post)
- PHP interview questions – Every decent coder knows PHP. Companies often hire third party IT recruitment agencies to help them with testing the practical skills of job applicants. Learn what questions you can expect, and how to make a good impression in this interview. (guest post)
- SEO interview questions – SEO has taken the internet marketing game by a storm, and though it is getting tougher with each passing year, many SEO agencies still operate in the business. Learn what questions they will ask you in an interview.
- Software engineer – Engineering new software is fun. But it is also a great responsibility, and one needs a variety of skills and the right attitude to the job. Prepare for the tough questions and case studies. (guest post)
- Software testing – Test, test, test, and what will they test in an interview with you? Check the twenty three common interview questions for software testing job applicants. (guest post)
- SQL Server interview questions. (guest post)
- System Analyst interview questions – Can you convince your interviewers of possessing a rare combination of communication skills, IT skills, and process management skills? Unless you can, someone else will get this prestigious job.
- Web Developer interview – Every other fifteen year old kid in US, Russia, or India can develop websites. But just very few people can develop websites that actually convert well, and bring profits to their owners. Can you convince the interviewers that you believe to this group of developers?
- Web services interview questions – Beside targeted REST interview questions, you will be confronted with other questions and tests. Interviewers try to learn something about your personality, soft skills and working habits. At the end of the day, the person with a best combination of skills will get the job. (guest post)
- Maintenance Technician interview – Only as few people will compete with you for this job, or you will be the only applicant. If you learn the basic interviewing skills, and how to demonstrate your readiness to repair things in the building, you will get the job.
- Desktop support interview questions – Test yourself with 13 technical questions for desktop support job applicants.
If you did not find what you were looking for in this section, try checking the non-categorized jobs, or use the search function in the footer of the page.