We decided to analyze some common interview questions, becasue many job seekers struggle when answering them in an interview. Reading an analysis of a question should help you to understand why the employers ask the question, what they try to find out, and what you should answer.
The knowledge should eventually help you to relax, and to prepare a good answer for every question. Let’s look at the questions in detail!
- Why should we hire you? Learn how to identify the value you can bring to the company, and how to demonstrate it in your interview. According to statistics and number of google monthly searches, no other question attracts as much attention as this one.
- What do you know about our company? Pre-interview research will help you with a good answer, as long as you understand what the interviewers want to hear from you.
- Why do you want this job? A tough question indeed, especially if we speak about jobs that are generally considered bad, or at least not ideal, and we apply for them simply because our current situation does not allow us to apply for a better job, or because we need any job, to survive.
- Tell me about yourself. The most typical interview question all around the world. Hr managers use it mostly in screening interviews, in the first rounds of interviewing process.
- What are your weaknesses? Most people do not like to talk about their weaknesses. What is more, we often can not even tell our strengths and weaknesses, or have an unrealistic view of them. Learn how to identify your weaknesses, and how to answer this question in your interview.
- What are your strengths?
- What re your goals? Learn how to connect your goals with their goals, impressing the hiring managers.
- What are your salary expectations?
- What motivates you in work? Motivation of job candidates is often the deciding factor, especially in the interviews for entry level jobs and for manual labor.
- Why do you want to work for us? We typically submit dozens of job applications, trying to secure some invitations for a face to face interview. But how to convince the employer that their offer is our first choice?
For shorter analysis of 15 most common interview questions, check the interview questions and answers article.