Many people apply for every job opening at ZS associates. They can afford to hire the best, and you will have to show them why they should hire you. Let’s have a look at the questions.
Table of Contents
Easy start – the phone (or group) interview
When they talk to you over the phone, they try to get a good grasp of your communication skills, understand who you are, what you did in the past, and why you try to get a job with them. You can expect some of the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for ZS associates?
- Why do you decided for this position?
- Tell me more about the job XY you had, your main duties, achievements, successes, failures.
- What motivates you in job?
- Why did you leave your last job (why do you plan to leave your present job?
At least every second applicant will be invited for the in-person interview. In some cases, if we speak about highly technical positions, phone interview can be just a formality, and they basically use it just to invite you for an in person interview.
In person interview – case studies, behavioral questions, tests
You should prepare for a long day when you interview for a job with ZS Associates… More often than not, you will talk to two or three people, you will have to complete some tests (IQ test, personality test,), and they will ask you plenty of behavioral questions.
They can actually also repeat some questions from the phone interview. If they do so, it is important that you give the same (or at least similar) answers as before (it is a test of your credibility).
Let’s have a look at the other parts of the interview.
Short case studies
They will ask you, for example, to choose an optimal method to rectify a problem related to sales (e.g. decrease of sales). They will give you quite a lot of information (testing if you can distinguish important information from useless) and a few minutes to prepare your answer.
Remember, the key is to show them the way you work, the way you think, your attitude to business, and present the solution in a professional yet simple to understand way.
Note: if you apply for an administrative assistant job, or a similar job opening with ZS Associates, you won’t have to deal with case study in your interview.
Inquiring about your behavior in various work-related situations, interviewers try to understand how you would act in your new job, your attitude to work, to your colleagues, and to various problems that can happen on the workplace. You can expect some of the following questions:
- Describe a situation when you were under pressure in work.
- Describe a conflict you had with your colleague.
- Describe a situation when you went above and beyond with your service (for the customer, for the colleague)
- Describe a situation when you reached a goal and tell us how you achieved it.
- Describe a situation when you had to motivate someone in work
- Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry or upset client (customer).
- Describe a situation when you did not agree with the opinion (or decision) of your superior or supervisor, and knew that they were wrong. How did you handle that?
Interview with a branch director
If you apply for a management job with ZS Associates, you will typically have to pass one more interview–with the branch director. The decision maker will not ask you behavioral or technical questions.
The final interview is more about relationship building, and understanding if you can offer them what they need, and if they can offer you what you want from the job. Try to stay relaxed, focused, and show the decision maker that you care for their business, understand what they do, and what your role in the company should be.
You can succeed
The interview with ZS Associates is not easy, but you can succeed. Check our Interview Success Package if you want to see brilliant answers to the screening and behavioral interview questions.
Alternatively you can have a look at some great interview tips.