- the quality of your job application (cover letter, resume, email you send to the employer)
- your interview answers
- your demeanor and your non-verbal communication in an interview
- the clothes you wear and the things you bring to the interview with you
- the quality of your pre-interview research
- your interviewing skills, whether you know how to win the interviewers over, and how to sell your skills and abilities in an interview
If you apply for a very good job, or if you compete with more than fifteen people in an interview (this happens for almost all popular positions, such as management, marketing, pharmacy, finance, etc), you should try to do everything well. In this scenario, it can often be a simple detail that will decide whether you sign a new job contract, or end up the second best candidate.
In this section of InterviewPenguin.com website we will have a look at some factors the have either a major or a minor impact on your chances to succeed and get the job.
- Job interview tips – Advice that will help you to understand how to ace your interview.
- Body language in an interview – What do your gestures and movements say about you? Can we control our non-verbal communication?
- Work portfolio for an interview – Learn how to prepare a selection of your best works, and how to use it to show the interviewers the value you can bring to their team.
- Declining an interview – Do you need to reschedule, or decline your interview? Learn how to do it is style, and leave the door open for future opportunities with the employer.
- How to ace an interview – An article describing a simple guide on how to ace your interview (guest post).
- How to dress for your interview – Four rules to consider when choosing clothes to wear.
- How to nail an interview – Ten tips that should help you to nail your job interview (guest post).
- Informational interview – Get information about the employer, and benefit from them in an actual interview.
- Interview attire special tips – Some interview attire tips for the brave, and for people who like to experiment.
- Interview techniques – Two interesting approaches to the job interview.
- Interview closing advice – Learn how to close your interview in a best possible way.
- Job interview etiquette – Regardless of your approach to the interviews, and your strategy in the meetings with the employers, certain borders should not be crossed.
- Physical, mental, practical preparation – Interesting insight on the interview preparation (guest post).
- How to answer interview questions – It is not only about what you say, but also how you say it in an interview….
- How to prepare for an interview with the CEO – Going to meet the CEO of the company? Learn what matters for the decision makers….
- Presenting your work using PowerPoint – How to present your work in an interview with a help of PowerPoint presentation.
- What to bring to the interview with you – Learn what documents to take to the interview with you, and how to present them.
If you did not find what you were looking for in this section, please navigate back to homepage (which lists all sections), or use the search in the footer of the page. Thank you!