Immigration interview questions
To immigrate and start living a better life is a goal of countless skilled individuals all around the world. But to even get a chance, you will have to answer a set of immigration interview questions.
Especially if your English skills are not perfect, it is crucial to prepare for these immigration interview questions in advance. Immigration interview is not a job interview. Here any mistake can prove costly. What more, the atmosphere is usually very tense and the immigration officers are not your friends for sure. To keep good level of respect and self confidence through all the immigration interview is the key to success.
Personal immigration interview questions
- Where do you live?
- Can you write your address here?
- Do you have any children, or expecting any?
- Tell me something about your ethnic background?
- What is the conditions of your parents? How old are they?
- Who will take care of your parents once you leave the country?
- Immigration is a costly process. How much money have you saved for the process?
- Can you provide any proof of your financial background, like a bank statement?
As you can see, some immigration interview questions can be very personal and in job interview some of them would be considered even illegal. But the key is to stay calm and give a clear answer to the point to every immigration interview question.
Work and study related immigration interview questions
- What is your current job?
- Can you describe me your working history?
- Why have you left your previous jobs? Was the employer satisfied with you?
- Can you provide phone numbers or emails on your supervisors?
- Where did you study?
- What was your final exam result?
- What do you think you can contribute to the economy of (country where you want to immigrate)?
There might be more of these work related immigration interview questions. The key is to answer promptly without too much of thinking. Immigration officers may get a feeling that you are not telling the truth if you think too long about any of the questions. So before you go to undertake the immigration interview, go through your career and studies to polish your memories.
General immigration interview questions
- Why have you chosen exactly (name of the country where you want to immigrate)?
- Do you know any people there? Have you contacted them yet?
- What are the main reasons why you want to leave your country?
- Where do you plan to settle in your new home?
- What do you plan to do if you are unable to settle down in your new country?
- Do you do any preparations for leaving the country?
- Have you ever been arrested or do you have any kind of criminal records?
As you can see, you should know what you are doing and why you want to immigrate to the country, You also should have a plan B in case the immigration is not successful. At least that is what immigration officers expect from you…
We hope that our list of immigration interview questions helps you to make your dream of a better life come true. We wish you good luck and please do not forget to have a look at general interview tips, and green card interview, as you can learn a lot there also for your immigration interview.