How to belong to this privileged group? What can you do to improve your chances of succeeding? We will try to answer the questions now.
Step by step guide on how to sign an employment contract with SB
1. Complete the online application, or try your luck in the store.
Officially it is not possible to get a job directly in a STARBUCKS store anymore–you need to apply online. Try to write as much information as possible when completing your online application, and try to make it relevant.
Pick more job locations and positions to further improve your chances of getting an invitation for an interview with them. Completing all fields you show them that you really want the job, and do not take their job application system lightly.
Alternatively you can try walking to a store, or having a coffee there a few times, trying to build relationship with one of the baristas. Later on, you can tell them that you would like to work in the store, and ask them whether they could not help you with your dream. Officially it is not allowed, but it still happens, and you can get a job in this way.
Once you finally get a chance to speak with the manager (it doesn’t matter if it is an official interview, or if you just meet them in a store), show enthusiasm and motivation to work at STARBUCKS. Tell them how much the meeting means for you, and how much you like the working environment in the store. Tell them that you know some baristas, and believe that you would fit to the team (if true, of course).
3. Good answers to interview questions
When they start considering to hire you, they will ask you questions. You can expect to get the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at STARBUCKS, and not somewhere else?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell me a little about your working experience.
- If another co-worker were gossiping about someone else something which was untrue, how would you react?
- What would your former colleagues say about you?
- How long do you want to work at STARBUCKS?
- What would you do if you were late for a shift?
- What have you learned in the last year?
- What is your availability?
- How comfortable are you in such close quarters with up to five co-workers?
- Why should we hire you?
Getting a job at STARBUCKS is just like getting a job anywhere else. Submit a good online (or at the spot) application, get the meeting with the manager, show them your enthusiasm for the job, and demonstrate the right attitude and skills with your answers to the interview questions.
How well you have to do it depends mostly on the number of people who compete with you for the job. At STARBUCKS, you will compete with many….
If you would like to see more questions and answers for an interview at STARBUCKS, check interview guide of Mathew Arnolds, an interview coach who specializes in helping job seekers to succeed in an interview with this coffee retailer. You can find his guide here: Link to the guide.