In this article we will try to outline a few basic steps you should take to get a job with this popular video game retailer.
First of all, you must realize the magnitude of the task that lies ahead:
- More than 100 people submit a job application for every new vacancy at Gamestop.
- Gamestop has strict policies when hiring new employees, and you need to adhere to them to stand any chance of succeeding.
- People who work at Gamestop typically keep their job for quite a long time, and therefore your best shot is to apply for a vacancy in a new store, or in a corporate job opening.
Some ideas on how to get a job with Gamestop
- First step: Benefit from your connections. Gamestop is a nationwide company. Your connection in the company can help you to get an interview with them, or at least they can pass your resume to the manager in a local store. Polish your old address book, give a call to a few friends, and see if anyone can help you.
Second step: Go directly to the store. If you do not have a good connection with someone at Gamestop, it is time to create such a connection. Try to visit the store regularly, talk to the employees, make friends, buy something. As soon as they consider you a regular, don’t hesitate and bring your resume. They may help you to become a member of the team, especially if they like you.
- Step three: Online application–do it in a best possible way. If you fail to make a connection at Gamestop, you have only one alternative left–the online application process. Try to complete all the fields in the application, and do as much as you can to prepare for the phone call with the manager, and for the interview with the company.
Your preparation continues with the following articles: