- help the stressed job seekers to loosen up
- help you to break the ice
- result in a relaxed atmosphere in an interview, which can subsequently result in honest and authentic interview answers
One way or another, you should always know why you ask the funny question, what goal you follow. And I suggest you to stay with one or maximally with two funny questions, becasue after all, it is a job interview, and not only the candidates sell their skills… You also sell your skills (as an interviewer, company director, HR manager), you sell the reputation of your company, and also the job offer.
Applicant can also say NO at the end of the interview. And if you use too many informal or funny questions, you give them a good reason to do so.
Some funny interview questions and case studies
- You come to work Monday morning and see that all your colleagues are naked. What will you do?
- Your boss asks you to call their wife and tell that you were playing cards together last night at your place. But it is not true. What will you do? Will you call their wife or not?
- Manager of the company comes to your department Thursday morning and says he is bored from the whole week and that all of you shall go home and do not come back until Monday. What will you do?
- You are eating a lunch with your boss and suddenly she farts loudly and all the people around start to laugh. What will you do?
Simple funny questions
- Would you like to receive ice cream or lollipop as a bonus to your salary?
- Who do you think was more guilty in the paradise–Adam or Eve?
- What happened when wheel was invented?
- Do you prefer white or wheat bread?
- We like to come late to work, 30 minutes at least. And we also prefer to leave early. Is it fine with you?
- Do you own a mobile phone?
- If you had a time machine, where would you travel?
- If we introduced dancing day in work, every Friday, what dance would you choose?
- How would you like your boss to look like?
- Would you like me to choose you for the job or rather give you $1,000 and send you home immediately?
- Would you mind working for free this year, if the next year you will receive double salary at the end of each month?
Might interest you:
- How to conduct an interview – Learn how to conduct a job interview effectively
- Interview questions and answers – 15 most common interview questions. Serious questions.